We eat so much cauliflower we should actually be growing it ourselves. The combo of a cooked cauliflower with tahini is one of our most favourite combos in the world! We have been able to get organic Cauliflower from Nettó all week, so check it out. Organic is always better when possible
We have also mastered cooking the cauliflower whole in a few steps that bring out the flavour so nicely
- PRE – HEAT THE OVEN to 220 Celcisus
- Cut the base of the cauliflower and remove the leaves
- Fill a large pot of water and season well with salt and bring to a boil. Place the cauliflower in, cover and let cook for 6-8 minutes depending on size. Check to see if ready by poking a stem with a knife, and then remove the cauliflower and place on a sheet tray to steam dry for around 10 minutes.
- Cover the cauliflower with high quality olive oil, and season well with sea salt. Place in the oven and let it roast for 45 minuest until charred and golden all over
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving plate. Finish with more olive oil & drizze the tahini sauce all over it.
4 medium-to-large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup organic tahini
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
6 tablespoons ice water, more as needed
MIx it all together and drizzle over the cauliflower
Serve with pomegranate berries (available fresh in Nettó) on top!