We are always sending each other pictures of stuff we are pining over or excited to try. Now we decided to share that conversation with y´all. So we present SHIT WE LIKE. This shit will always be good for the eyes and non harming to the planet. We will do this regularly and hope it inspires you to shop mindfully. This time around we are in full on fall mode, pouring us a cup of cacao or matcha, getting into exercise mode and yearning some fresh sustainable threads.
1. Once Daily Woman by Solaray is a multivitamin and mineral supplement designed for the unique nutritional needs of women. More than just a multi, Once Daily Woman features enzymes for digestive health, a hair, skin and nails blend for beauty support, lutein for vision health and more in a whole-food base. It is basically the perfect blend of women herbs in my opinion. This blend contains DIM, which hasn’t been allowed in Iceland until apparently now! So I want this! DIM has many amazing benefits like balancing Hormonal acne, for, Estrogen dominance & menopause, good for weight loss and thyroid disorders aswell.
2. Sacred Sandalwood from Young Living. This sandalwood variety is native to India. Sandalwood is an amazing essential oil and has been used a lot through the ages in yoga for example. I love this on my hair and on my skin (it offers a variety of skin benefits). I also love to use it for Palm inhalation before my self practice. Sacred Sandalwood essential oil gives an uplifting, warm, woodsy, and sweet aroma and I feel it inspires passion and promotes feelings of confidence and clarity during yoga or meditation. If you need oils from Young Living feel free to contact me or Dagny.
3. Since I’ve stopped drinking coffee I need to make sure I’m never out of ceremonial cacao. Pure ceremonial cacao is not just a cosy drink but it contains beneficial neurotransmitters and neuro-modulators already present in our brain, most notably including: Norepinephrine – The joy molecule, Serotonin which helps with wellbeing, and creates resistance to stress. Dopamine which gives us feelings of motivation and pleasure. Anandamine – The bliss molecule, it moderates pain, and is associated with the “runners high” effect. And Phenylethylamine (PEA) which helps with excitement, alertness, attention.
Other than that consuming cacao can replenish minerals vital to our body. Magnesium is chronically deficient in the majority of western diets, and cacao is the highest naturally occurring source. Magnesium is used in all key brain functions, especially memory and concentration. It is also beneficial for the function of the heart, acting to relax blood vessels and decrease strain. Besides magnesium, cacao is also the highest naturally occurring source of chromium, and also high in copper, calcium, manganese, zinc, sulfur, iron, and phosphorous. OK I WILL STOP NOW. I just really love cacao. And a key for me is to make it look beautiful in the cup with dried roses or spices like cinnamon. My cacao supplier has always been Kamilla from kako.is
4. Jesse Kamm pants:Jessie Kamm is a supercool American independent fashion designer based in Los Angeles. She is the founder of JESSE KAMM, a clothing brand known for its Annie Hallish/californinan hippie vibe pants. Kamm launched her first collection in 2005 with a focus on sustainable basics all of which is made in Los Angeles, California. Im in love with this woman and her brand and have been CRAVING me some pants from her for a long time now. She just makes the perfect fit and chooses the best fabrics. Especially if you are anything like me and just love a little 70’s boho vibe. Also her brand “motto” is strong clothing for strong women! I mean what more can I say? This style in particular I’m just completely in love with it. She recently launched these patchfront HANDY pants and named them after her dad “Handy Andy” I need them in my life! It’s as simple as that.
5 .The one and only Kosas Tinted Face Oil. The LA-based brand Kosas claims to “create products that are beauty rebels, effortlessly applied, flattering across skin tones, and enriched with beneficial skincare ingredients”. The Tinted Face Oil is made of 6 botanical oils, wonderful for hydration, and three types of mineral pigments, to even skin tone and give a sheer layer of coverage. Completely toxic free make up that is kind of just magical skin care. I love wearing light weight make up that doesn’t feel like make and I am obsessed with dewy looking skin so I just need this! They just launched a concealer as well… ! They do not sell this brand in Iceland but do not worry we can buy this online! Thank you internet.
6. I love this Nomasei hand necklace! Nomasei which is a play on the Italian translation of six hands is an Italian brand founded by Paule and Marine, who have worked at some of the biggest fashion houses (Dior, Chloé, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy to name a few) They make amazing shoes and together they share the idea of creating a luxury brand that will not only embrace their commitment to crafting timeless and genuine products, but also to being respectful, sharing, ethically engaged and transparent in the process. Nomasei is brand that takes its inspiration from both the lives of strong, free and independent women, and dance for its freedom of gesture. So it is pretty obvious that I need to wear this hand around my neck.
- I have had Tennis on my mind for some time now. I seriously want a sport in my life that I love, and am hoping it could be Tennis. So my fall action step (as a part of a goal from the ritual class) is to sign up for a proper tennis course, and Eva is joining me! Then I will need a cute tennis outfit, else its no fun, so I am looking at sustainable options.
- I have craved this gold ring by Kelci Potterfor years. She is such a talented jewellery artist, that makes beautiful rings out of recylced gold. It is simple but oh so beautiful. She is inspired by the natural world so her jewellery has this effortlessness to it. Maybe it could be my wedding ring, hint hint!
- Being a newish mama I need some extra help feeling the sexy vibes and awakening the second chakra.Evas healing lubeis amazing as it makes everything smell so good, you get a soft tingling from it and it looks freaking good on the nightstand.
- In my maternity leave I did alot of home workouts and the Bala products were a lifesaver, they are so pretty and practical! I espesially love the bala bangles that are weights that you can use for your ancles and arms available in beautiful colors. Now me and Eva are finishing developing THE RITUAL MOVEMENT METHOD and have been incorporating the bala bangles.
- I love Matchaas tea and a latte. After kicking the coffee habit it is my go to caffeine, that is much much softer on my digestion and also full of antioxidants. I think everybody should skip one coffee a day and have a matcha instead. THIS BRAND is a Superior Ceremonial Grade Matcha that I love as I like my Matcha high quality. This olive green color matcha is made by grinding a rare and rich Tencha (the tea matcha is made from) from the first harvest and it’s considered one of the richest and deepest Matcha cultivars available. And you see the name of the farmer on the can!
- Bathtime is sacred at my house. My son loves the water as much as his parents, so bathtime is his favourite time of the day. I haven´t used any soaps on his skin yet (just a few drops of essential oils in the tub sometimes) as I am an hippie mama, but when I do I really want the soap by BATHING CULTURE, that comes in a glass bottle (and is refillable for you guys in the US) and is organic, biodegradable, all-purpose soap that feels like jumping into a cold river on a hot day.
We hope you enjoyed this!
Dagný & EVA