It is Libra season that means that it is the perfect time to dive into BALANCE. We want to reflect on how are we balancing our lives, work/life balance, creative/practical balance, emotional balance, mother/partner/self balance ect. Where are we in balance and where to we need to shift. Also as individuals working on ourselves it can also be tricky to fin the balance between the spiritual and the material world. There are basic principles that always help with balance
- Being clear on your values
- Taking aligned action accordingly.
- Having patience with yourself and trusting the timing of life.
- Finding a mentor or expandor in your desired balance
- Having a strong daily practice.
PUT A TIMER TO 5 MINUTES AND ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS AND JOURNAL
Where is my life in great balance?
Where am I not in balance?
Why am I not in balance in those areas?
Is the imbalance a normal part of life or is it hurting me?
What steps could I take to get in more balance?
Am I likely to take those steps?
Can take those steps in a kind & self compassionate way?
Let´s BE THE BALANCE we want to see in the world!
we hope you enjoy the practices and chats this month!
THEME OF THE MONTH TALK
Dagný & Eva sit down to discuss the theme of the month and reflecting on their own balance
You are more than you think you are! Many of us think that we just aren’t enough. Not good enough, not pretty enough, not rich enough, and not happy enough. But just because we think something doesn’t mean it’s true. YOU ARE MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE teaches you how to revise your belief system, fulfill your deepest dreams and desires, and create an epic, successful, and inspiring life.
Unlocking your True Self is the key to new levels of joy, beauty, and peace. But what is the True Self, and how can you realize its infinite potential? In this easy-to-read book, Kimberly Snyder answers these questions and shows you how to tap into this unstoppable force to transform every aspect of your life for the better.
Drawing inspiration from the teachings of the great guru Paramahansa Yogananda along with personal stories and the latest scientific research, Kimberly offers simple exercises, potent ancient practices, and in-depth meditations to help you overcome negative beliefs and see yourself as you truly are—a goddess, a warrior, a lover, and a creator of your extraordinary destiny.
The Ritual Method - Balance
Eva leads us into movement with a balancing ritual series.
Breathing meditation for balance
This meditation balances the mind and heart. We tune in with the mantra ONG NAMO GURU DEV NAMO.
RITUAL TALK WITH HELGI ÓMARS
Ritual recipe of the month:
MINERAL RICH SEAWEED WRAP
This is a perfect recipe to use what you have, and use your imagination. Creating vegetable wraps with nori sheets is nourishing and full of minerals. Enjoy with a little dipping bowl of Tamari sauce.
- 1 cup rice of choice (suggested: short or medium white rice)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ organic cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 organic carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ medium radish, cut into matchsticks
- ½ sea greens* (optional: suggested: wakame, Hijiki, nori, agar agar, blue and red seaweed, seastring, kelp)
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 3-4 nori sheets
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Optional: squeeze of lemon
*use salt-preserved seaweed or find dried sea vegetables and rehydrate them, specifically kelp noodles from iherb; or purchase prepared seaweed salad sometimes available in the prepared foods/cold bar section of the grocery store
- Rinse rice under water until water runs clear and then place into a small pot with 1.5 cups of water.
- Place over heat and quickly bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cover the pan with the lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, chop cucumbers, carrots, radishes, slice avocado and set to the side.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from heat, lid intact, and allow the rice to rest undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is resting, combine rice vinegar, coconut sugar, and salt in a pan over low heat until dissolved.
- Remove the lid from the rice and pour vinegar-sugar solution evenly over the rice and fold in. Replace the lid and allow rice to rest for another 10 minutes and then gently fluff with a fork.
- Assemble the nori wrap: Lay down nori sheet with the rough side up, lay a few spoonfuls of rice and gently spread in a vertical line in the middle of the nori sheet. To keep the rice from sticking, dip the tips of your fingers into water and spread the rice down the middle using your fingertips to flatten the rice.
- Layer cucumber, radish, carrot, avocado, and sea veggies on top of the rice, adding only a few tablespoons to ensure it can be rolled or wrapped.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, squeeze lemon over the filling, and roll. Enjoy.